Saturday, July 26, 2014

Studio Update: July 26

At least 90% of my productivity can be attributed to my music. There's almost never a time in the studio when foundation-rattling tunes aren't being played- so instead of counting hours, I keep measure time throughout the day by songs, albums and playlists.


This noseband took about as long as Nevermind...

(Of course I only notice that it's twisted a little now...)

...And these stirrups took about 10,080 songs to get to me from England.



About halfway through Back in Black I noticed the happy accident that the Breyer Youth rider fits this particular saddle pretty decently!



Less convincing from the side, but considering the fact that 99% of my saddles in no way fit any kind of rider doll, this is a mini win.


This fuzzy girth only took about half the duration of Houses of the Holy to finish...


...But I fell into the old trap of "oh, I'm sure the pattern will fit!" and not measuring the girth on the horse before I lined and finished it... Way too wide on this saddle! Ugh!


So a replacement is on the to-do list for tomorrow. Well, now I have an extra tan girth if ever I need one. (Woo for looking on the bright side?)


A+ photography

The Fjord monster sucked up about Zeppelins I-IIII receiving his first few coats of paint/pastels, and still has a long way to go before he gets fitted for a harness and no less than THREE different bridles.


And I reckon it'll take both sides of Hello Goodbye/I am the Walrus to clean up this mess!

All I need to do tomorrow is finish that second girth, make the crownpiece and reins for the tan bridle, and figure out a pad and then this tan set will be off my desk and finally off to its new home. It'll feel so good to have that one done!

4 comments:

  1. There is not much betterusic out there to make tack to...except for maybe The Who or Of Monsters And Men :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you keep time with songs - definitely something I do myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee telling time with songs... I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete