Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Tack of 2014

New Year's Day is always about looking back and looking forward. So without further ado, here is the looking back portion...

My first-ever western saddle!








I'm counting HorseBot as tack because he does technically have a saddle...







The only piece of non-Stablemate tack this year. 




I think I made around fifteen tack sets this year, which is definitely a personal record. More important than the numbers, though, is my pride in myself for sticking to my resolution of slowing down and improving the quality of my tack. Seeing my 2012 saddles next to my 2014 saddles is incredibly satisfying for me, just to see how far I've come.

Enough tooting of my own horn! Looking forward to this brand new year...

Hobby Resolutions 2015
  • Attend two live shows (at least!)
  • Continue working through my list of waiting orders (secretly, I'm hoping I'll be able to start averaging one order a month, but I don't want to officially resolve to that, because who knows what 2015 has in store for me!)
  • Make a full polo set
  • Sketch more
  • Make a Traditional scale saddle
  • Expand my mini halter show string (OF and CM)
  • Limit/entirely cut out any Traditional model purchases
  • Make a really unusual tack set (I'm thinking Lord of the Rings something?)
  • Keep the blog updated
I'm so excited to get started! Do you guys have any hobby resolutions? 

Here's to 2015!




2 comments:

  1. Oooh! I still need to make my resolutions! But I really hope you get to everything on the list because that means I get to see all of them in the form of blog posts! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe I've seen any pictures of your 2012 tack, but I'm very impressed with the quality of your 2014 tack! Keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you in 2015. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete