My best friend Anna Yager of Ebb & Flow Studios and I have been quietly working away for the past two months on two complete tack sets, aside from our sales and commission work. We're thrilled to let them see the light of day at last, as the prizes in a holiday raffle!
From now until December 25th, we'll be selling raffle tickets for just $1 a pop (less if you buy more- more details in a minute) for your chance to be one of the two recipients of these sets.
What we're most excited about, is how 100% of the money we raise will go straight into a donation for the charity Free the Children.
|FTC's Core Values|
"An international charity and educational partner, Free The Children believes in a world where all young people are free to achieve their fullest potential as agents of change. We work to empower youth to remove barriers that prevent them from being active local and global citizens."I personally love Free the Children because it doesn't just talk about getting stuff done; it gets stuff done. Their impacts in developing nations include new schools built and ran in areas that direly needed them, the empowerment of women with self-sufficient economics, clean water to over a million people, sanitation and health services internationally, and much more.
Over the summer, Anna teamed up with Free the Children's travel organization Me to We and jetted off to Kenya to spend three weeks helping to build a dormitory for a girl's secondary school.
Anna and I are both absolute holiday nuts that just relish in this time of year, and we feel like it's only right to try and use the skills and hobby we have to help someone else who needs it.
So our goal is to raise $50 from raffle tickets to be able to buy a family in a developing nation a goat, which provides them with not only a source of nutritious milk but also a sustainable income, which can be life-changing.
(Of course we can adjust our donation gift to fit however many funds we raise- there's never a donation too small or too large).
The tack sets up for grabs are one western pleasure set by Anna, and one hunter/general English set by me. The western set is a deep brown, with gorgeous vine & flower tooling and silver stamping. The one ear bridle has snazzy western buckles and classy silver beads. Comes with two appropriately holiday colored pads, one red and one green.
The English set is a pretty dark brown color, and includes a basic hunter saddle, contour girth, snaffle bridle complete with faux tongue buckles and laced reins, and two pads: one basic white fitted, and one green square.
Both sets are made for the G4 Driving mold (pictured), but the saddles will fit other molds with similarly sized barrels.
Now that you've been thoroughly hit with pictures of the sets, and have an idea of where the ticket money is headed, here's the nitty gritty:
- Ticket prices:
- 1 for $1
- 6 for $5
- 12 for $10
- 25 for $20
- (Email me if you're interested in more than 25 tickets, and we'll work out a price!)
- Each ticket counts as one entry and will be assigned a unique number based on the order we receive payments.
- For example, if the first person to enter buys 6 tickets, they have tickets number 1 through 6. Then if the second person buys three, they have tickets 7 through 9, and so on. (I'll be keeping a running list to keep track of which numbers belong to whom.)
- We'll use a random number generator to pick two numbers between 1 and the total number of tickets sold between now and December 24th.
- I'll post a screen shot of each number being picked and post it here when I announce the winners!
- The first number drawn will be the first winner and will get first pick of which set they would like, and the second number drawn will get whichever set the first winner didn't pick.
- All ticket sales will count as entries between now and December 24th at 11:59pm (USA Pacific Time).
- Paypal is the only method of payment we're accepting for ticket sales, and make sure you designate the payment as a donation/gift! I realize that not everyone has a Paypal and I apologize if this is a disappointment for you!
- The winners will be picked on December 25th, and announced here and on Anna's blog, along with screen caps of the random numbers generated. A screen cap of the donation receipt from Free the Children will be posted by the 27th.
- Shipping to the winners is on me.
How to enter:
- Email me at email@example.com with the following filled out:
Number of tickets:
(Letting me know your shipping address when you're entering is totally optional- I'd love to send every entrant a little thank-you in the mail, but if you'd rather not provide it, no problem! Of course, if you end up winning, you can always get me your address at that point.)
I should get back to you promptly letting you know your payment total for the number of tickets you've selected, and directing you to the Paypal address you should send your payment to.
2. Send your payment to that address. Remember to send it as a donation/gift!
3. Your part is done! I'll get back to you again letting you know when your payment is received, confirming your entry, and giving you your ticket numbers.
I know that's a whole lot of information to absorb- if you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to comment or shoot me an email!
This is a fun win-win-win for everyone involved- we got to make some tack, you could win said tack for $1, and all the money is going where it can really help make a difference.
Also, I get to take pictures with itty-bitty Christmas decorations, which is incentive enough for me.
Thank you in advance to anyone who enters, and here's to a great upcoming holiday season!