Monday, November 24, 2014

Studio Update: November 24

More chipping away at the eventing saddle.


Sorry for the awful lighting- winter is creeping up on me, and the sun is disappearing these days at 4:30, which doesn't afford a lot of time for good picture taking!





Unfortunately, the more I look at this saddle the more I'm bothered by how far back the stirrups are. I think the whole thing would look more balanced if they were just a smidge more forward... it's frustrating, but I know I'll be happier with the finished product if that little detail isn't bugging me so much.

Saddle surgery it is!

P.S.- Thanksgiving has a way of knocking me out of my usual autopilot routine and really just making me overly affectionate and grateful for the people I'm lucky enough to be surrounded with, and Anna's most recent post has only increased my emotional ways this week. I am so thankful for everyone who has helped me get to where I am in this hobby and where I am in life- thank you to each and every one of you! I hope you're all taking a second to tell someone that you love them. 

2 comments:

  1. When I look at the photos I think "oh, yes, I see what you mean" this or that--and then when you hold it and I have a perspective of the size of the piece I realize how incredibly small it all is and hard to see. The tiny art is amazing. And Ledoux It Again is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to thank you for inspiring me :) I have always been a traditional scale tack maker, but because of your blog, I've started my first SM scale saddle!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete