Monday, June 13, 2016

Studio Update: June 13

It's taken me since March, but this somewhat ridiculous, somewhat awesome saddle is finally finished and getting all the bells and whistles and accessories to go with.


Which has thrown my desk into that old familiar "there's so many tiny pieces of leather but I don't know which ones I can use and which are trash" mess.


The breastplate I've been putting off for days got a start today, though only so far as the alien baby stages:


Most of my time went into finishing up the funky short girth and figure eight bridle.


It's super easy for me to forget how long eventing sets actually take, considering all the bits and pieces- I feel like I've been fiddling with this set forever and I still have the rest of the breastplate and four boots to go!


I'm crazy motivated to get this set done firstly because I think it's going to look really special and I'm pumped to see it all come together, and secondly because I'm making myself finish this project before I start the next exciting thing I have waiting!

But for now, it's back to the breastplate. (Sigh).

1 comment:

  1. I'm working on an all-the-bells-and-whistles eventing set, too. It's been, well, possibly years since I've done the whole shebang and I'm remembering why! You have my deepest sympathies and strongest support through this struggle ;)

    ReplyDelete